Skills and Qualities for Success
A successful person in this career should have excellent listening skills, speaking, reading comprehension, critical thinking and reading comprehension. They should be able to perform general physical activities, Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships, work well with teams and enjoy the gratification of serving people.
An Average Work Day
A typical work day could require you to:
• Turn and reposition bedridden patients
• Answer patients’ call signals
• Feed patients
• Observe patient conditions: vital signs, food and liquid intake, etc.
• Provide patients with help walking and exercising
• Prepare, serve and collect food trays
• Clean, rooms and change linens